Max India offers a unique opportunity to participate in the strong growth potential in the 'Business of Life'. Promoted by Mr. Analjit Singh, the Group is focusing on the high potential of businesses of life insurance, healthcare and health insurance. Max India has a well-entrenched position in its businesses.
The Group is currently on a high growth path, with turnover of nearly Rs. 116,830 million and the consolidated operating revenue of Rs. 91,390 million for FY14, a growth of 12% above the same period last year. The Group has a customer base of 7 million, over 310 offices across 216 locations in the country, and people strength of 70,000 persons, as on March 31, 2014.
Max India follows a robust Board governance approach and is unequivocally committed to all its stakeholders - customers, employees, shareholders, investors and vendors. The Group has a diversified ownership with a marquee investor base and, recently, leading global investors like Goldman Sachs, IFC and Temasek Holdings have invested in the businesses of Max India. The Group has a strong history of entrepreneurship and nurturing successful business partnerships, and leading global players such as Mutsui Sumitomo Insurance Company(part of MA&AD group), Life Healthcare, South Africa and BUPA plc have entered into JVs with Max India. The Group has inducted internationally acclaimed domain experts across its respective Company Boards.
Max India’s shares are listed on the NSE and the BSE. The Group has an active Investor Cell and a dedicated Investor Helpline is available for investor-related matters. Investors can also access the FAQs section for prompt answers to commonly discussed investor issues.
- 12 April, 2012: Mitsui Sumitomo acquires 26% in MNYL from New York Life, valuing it at Rs. 10,500 cr.
- 15 Jan, 2012: Life Healthcare invests Rs. 516.5 crore in MHC for a 26% stake.
- 13 June, 2011: Goldman Sachs picked 9.4 % stake in Max India with conversion of CCDs.
- 27 Oct, 2010: MSF announces 73% expansion in capacity with addition of 22,000 TPA BOPP line on track for a target start up in Apr’ 11
- 7 Jul, 2010: MHC enters into a JV with Nova Medical Centres with beneficial stake of 26%, to initially set up 2 centres in Delhi/NCR
- 3 May, 2010: MNYL-Axis Bank relationship commenced
- 22 Mar, 2010: Max Bupa launches business on a national platform – Network of 400 key hospitals and already has office now in 9 cities - Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune, Bangalore, Jaipur, Surat & Ludhiana
- 6 Feb, 2010: Promoters subscribe to warrants convertible into 3% equity stake at an investment of Rs. 173 Cr; 50% already infused
- 29 Dec, 2009: Goldman Sachs invests in Max India
- 29 Jun, 2009: Max India joins $1 billion club
- 3 May, 2009: Max India forges 10 year tie-up with Axis Bank